Saturday 24 March 2012

Darko Milicic


Darko Milicic Biography
Went to Hemiska High School.
Selected in the first round (second overall) by the Detroit Pistons in the 2003 NBA draft.
Played on the Hemofarm Vrsac team in Serbia & Montenegro.
His father, a police officer, is 6' 7" and his mother is 6' 3".
Is considered one of the most versatile young players in basketball for his ability to shoot from the outside. He can dunk in traffic, shoot NBA threes and is a formidable shot blocking defender.
Pistons teammate Ben Wallace works out with him, excercises with him, and trains him.
Traded to the Orlando Magic during the 2005-2006 season.
As a Detroit Piston, he was given the nickname "The Human Victory Cigar" because he would usually only see playing time at the end of Piston blowout victories'.
Personal Quotes
First question was regarding the Summer League. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to play or not. As far the difference between Auburn Hills and New York, obviously Detroit is a lot smaller than New York, so there's an obvious difference there. But if it feels like I'll probably be living in Auburn Hills in that area, which is better for me because it will give me an opportunity to concentrate on basketball and relax after the game, but strictly focus on what I have to do on the basketball court.
[on Lebron James] "I've never met him and never seen him play, not on videotapes. From what I've heard, I've heard nothing but great things. He's a mixture of Jordan and Magic Johnson. All of the hype pretty much justifies where he's being selected."
I'm not afraid of anything. I want to show myself in the best light possible. I came here to work hard and to show people what I can do and what I'm capable of.
I celebrated my birthday with my dad and my agent, who came from Yugoslavia a few days ago, nothing out of the ordinary. I did take photos with GQ, which was a lot of fun. I don't take it as seriously as some of the other people have, but for me, it's fun.
[on Detroit before playing for the Detroit Pistons] "I've been there twice and each time I've been there, I felt great. The folks have treated me tremendously."
[on the differences between Novi Sad and New York] "Well, my dad feels a little uncomfortable here because he's around an American society and he doesn't speak any English like me, so he feels a little uncomfortable. It's good to have him here. As far as the difference between Novi Sad and New York, it's the city I grew up and the city I love. But New York is New York. It's the best city in the world, so it's hard to compare the two."
In Yugoslavia it is a little different than it is here because while people know that you are famous and well known, they don't approach you on the street and ask you for autographs. They just take it for granted, you are who you are. Here it is a little different. People who see you approach you because of your name. I'm getting used to it here but it will take a little time.
My only contract right now is with And1, and it doesn't compare to LeBron's deal, but there are some others that are on the horizon, but nothing as of yet.
I don't really know my role. I know I'm going to get my time and it's up to me to take advantage of it. So, it's in front of me to see what's going to happen. I'm really not sure. I'm just going to take advantage of my opportunity.
[on speaking English] "I feel like I understand everything and can communicate but I just don't feel very comfortable talking. I feel a little funny, but for now, I have a translator, so I'm happy with that."
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic 
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic 
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic
Darko Milicic Owns Blake Griffin
Darko Milicić amazing move

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...